Valentines Day is tomorrow! What do you have planned for your loved ones ? I found this simple, fun recipe to make with the kids and they looks oh so good.
Make them together and have your kids share them with their friends and teachers.
What You Will Need
- Cooking spray
- 3 tablespoons margarine
- 6 cups mini (or 60 regular-size) marshmallows
- Red food coloring
- 9 cups Rice Krispies cereal
- Heart-shaped cookie cutter
- Plastic bags, yarn
What To Do
- Let the kids coat a baking sheet with cooking spray then set it aside
- Melt the margarine in a large pot over low heat.
- Let the kids carefully place the marshmallows in as you stir, you can count with them as they do it, counting each marshmallow they place in the pot. (Make sure you explain to them about splashing or the baking fun will turn into hot margarine on your top!)
- Stir the marshmallow and margarine continuously until they melt.
- Remove the pan from the heat and let the kids put drops of red food coloring into the mixture while you stir, until you reach your desired colour.
- Let the children add the Rice Krispies into the mixture while you stir and continue stirring until they are evenly coated with marshmallow.
- Spoon the mixture onto the baking sheet.
- With waxed paper (or lightly buttered hands), smooth out the mixture, spreading it to an even thickness.
- Let the kids cut out hearts with the cookie cutter.
- Have the kids place each heart in a plastic bag while you tie a yarn bow
- Place in the fridge until you are ready to give them out!
You can also check out the video on how to make theses delicious treats here