Plan Toys creates toys that inspire children’s imagination as well as promote their physical and intellectual development, also proving that it is possible to maintain superior quality standards while steadfastly following a path of environmental and social responsibility.
- Green - As a Green company, we strive to use environmentally safe, responsible and sustainable methods to produce our Green Toys. We are committed to minimizing our impact on the environment.
- Safe - In addition to industry standards, PlanToys® follows their own stringent in-house safety standards to ensure a worry-free playtime for your children.
- Child Development - The educational merits of our toys are recognized by some of the most prestigious awards in our industry such as the Parents’ Choice Award and the Oppenheim Toy Portfolio Award.
A little bit about Plan Toys
Plan Toys is available at Oleana Boutique. For more information please call us on 60606707
Filed under Around Kuwait, Babies, Brands We Love, Green, Kids, New Arrivals, Oleana Boutique, Play, Recycle, Toddlers, Toys
It is Earth Day today and schools around Kuwait are celebrating it in their own little way. It is very important to teach your children about the importance of reducing, reusing and recycling and best way to teach them that is to start at home and school.
Here are a few tips that you and your family can implement for a greener home.
- Turn off lights when you leave the room.
- Unplug unused chargers and appliances.
- Be careful not to leave the water running when you brush your teeth or wash the dishes.
- Use cloth instead of paper to clean your kitchen.
- Recycle, recycle, recycle. Sort out your trash into paper, metals, and glass. Set up four separate waste baskets, and make sure the contents end up in the appropriate recycle bins. You can then have a recycling company come by every week to pick up your trash.
- Reuse scrap paper. Print on two sides, or let your kids color on the back side of used paper.
- Support your local economy and shop at your farmer’s market. TSC have an amazing selection of locally grown fruits & vegetables as well as the yummiest locally produced dairy products.
- Instead of using grocery stores’ disposable plastic or paper bags, bring your own reusable tote bags, which are available for sale at many grocers like TSC and other retailers such as Le Green Sac.
- When you go out for coffee, bring a reusable insulated mug.
- Use a reusable envelope for school notes.
- Use a reusable water bottle & lunch box instead of Ziploc bags.
- A fun outing that you can take your kids to today would have to be the Reuse Exhibition at ACK from 5pm – 9pm. They will be showing the documentary One Day On Earth at 6.30pm at ACK’s auditorium.
Always remember a little change can make a BIG difference.
Check out our previous posts about recycling and being environmentally friendly.
Eco -awareness for kids
Green Sac – Kuwait
Small changes make a BIG difference
I “HEART” Recycling
After seeing these cute recycled party items I’m annoyed that I didn’t plan ahead and make some with my kids. We could have had a little Earth Day party.
Via One Charmin Party
A fun little song to teach your kids about the meaning of reduce, reuse and recycle.
Via Elementary Matters
Itzy Ritzy reusable, washable bags are perfect for the whole family. Ideal for little hands, snacks, fruit, sandwiches, picnics, school lunches, mini first aid kits, cell phones, car & plane trips, crayons, toiletries, iPods, cameras, hiking, camping, travel, beach gear & more!
They are FDA approved & BPA Free! Unlike the others! and come in 3 different sizes:
Wet Happend? Which is the largest one, it can fit up to 8 diapers.
Snack bag which comes in a medium size that is perfect for your kids lunch box.
Mini snack bags:They are the smaller bags and come in a set of 2 perfect for snacks such as fruits and nuts.
ITzy Ritzy reusable bags are available at Oleana Boutique. For more information visit our website our call us on 60606707.
Enjoy a fun day out with the kids at Discovery Mall and join the support for a greener Kuwait.
I passed by Galleria 2000 today and came across this great little store called greensac. greensac is a store dedicated to selling reusable shopping bags and fair trade products. If I’m not mistaken I think it is the first store of its kind in Kuwait. I loved the wide range of stylish reusable bags they had, perfect for days at the beach, grocery shopping or just for everyday use.
They come in all different shapes, sizes and color.
The brown bags are so cool. Each bag has a different color lining which makes it revisable as well.
They also have the support Japan bags. For Every FEED Japan bag, a donation will go to the FEED Foundation’s FEED Japan Fund to aid in the disaster relief efforts by supporting organizations on the ground .
And my favorite item has to be these shopping cart bags. It will make grocery shopping so much easier and guilt free. Unfortunately they wont be available until the 16th of June.
They can also help you start a recycling program, whatever be the type of your organization. They can help you:
- Set up a recycling scheme
- Train your staff to recognize the different materials that can be recycled
- Identify the most appropriate recycling company in Kuwait
greensac is definitely worth a visit
For more information check out their website, Facebook page and follow them on twitter. oh how much I love social media!
Discover Earth Day in an Educational Way at the Discovery Mall! Al Bayan Alumni Committee is celebrating Earth Day with an interschool HS multi-activity competition, environmentally-conscious Kuwaiti establishments and individuals who will be displaying their talents and services, along with an arts and crafts corner… for children. Come and create an “Earth Day Birthday Card”, or an environmental poster, or how about making a sculpture or an art project out of “junk” or adding to our “environmental community” collage?
My Gym will be open for the public on the 21st of April 2011 from 10am to 4pm for games and activities with an Earth Day theme! Come and join in the fun!! My Gym will charge nonmembers KD 5 and members KD 3 for entrance fees!
Check out their Facebook page for more information.
Teaching kids about the environment and how to recycle is very important. I sometimes find it hard explaining to Nodi about it. I came across these videos from PBS Kids while doing some research on the topic. They created a series of videos to help educate kids about the impact of their daily choices on the planet.
Earth Friendly Baby products are available at Oleana Boutique. You can also purchase I’m Pregnant Magazine here.