- 1/2 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1 cup all-purpose flour, (spooned and leveled)
- 1 cup whole-wheat flour (spooned and leveled)
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 3/4 cup light-brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 8 ounces bittersweet or semisweet chocolate, cut into 30 squares
- 15 large marshmallows, halved horizontally
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a food processor, pulse oats until finely ground. Add flours, cinnamon, baking soda, and salt; pulse to combine. In a large bowl, using an electric mixer, beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg, scraping down side of bowl. With mixer on low, beat in flour mixture just until combined.
- Drop dough by tablespoons, 1 inch apart, onto two baking sheets. Top each with a chocolate square. Bake just until lightly golden, 11 to 13 minutes, rotating sheets halfway through. Remove sheets from oven; heat broiler. Top each cookie with a marshmallow. One sheet at a time, broil until marshmallows are lightly browned, 1 to 1 1/2 minutes. Transfer cookies to wire racks to cool.
via Martha Stewart
Filed under Food, recipes
You can’t go wrong with banana and chocolate!
Frozen Banana Bites – Recipe
This looks so good! Can’t wait to try it.
Cheese cake stuffed strawberries – Recipe
My kids love cake pops, unfortunately I don’t always have time to make them, this would be perfect! All we have to do is the decorating
GOOP is weekly newsletter filled with recipes, travel notes and advice by Gwyneth Paltrow. I look forward to reading it every week. You can imagine my excitement when I found out that she just released a cookbook called “My Father’s Daughter”. In the book she shares her favorite family recipes along with personal stories of growing up with her father, Bruce Paltrow. She discusses how he has influenced her in the food she loves, how she involves her kids in cooking, and how she balances healthy food with homemade treats. And, for the first time, Gwyneth Paltrow offers a glimpse into her life as daughter, mother and wife, sharing her thoughts on the importance of family and togetherness.
Even though I’m a terrible cook, I can’t wait to flip through it.
You can purchase My Father’s Daughter here.
This looks so good!! It’s another take on the famous cookie. So simple, so easy and so satisfying. You can never go wrong with cookie dough and vanilla ice cream.
To make this yummylicious dessert, all you have to do is:
Simply start with almost any cookie dough, press it into some oven-safe dishes, bake just long enough to set the edges, then hit ‘em with the best vanilla ice cream ya got. It sounds simple enough, but when you experience your first mouthful of warm n’ gooey meets cool n’ creamy, it’s like arriving in a brave new (cookie) world. And there you have it, a pizzzookie!
For more mouthwatering recipes check out 6 bitter sweets
Filed under Blogs, Food, recipes
A great selection of pregnancy and baby books available now at Oleana Boutique. We have also recieve more Annabel Karmel recipie books.
I stumbled on a great website today called Do it delicious. This website is run by Jessica Seinfeld, Author of the New York Times bestseller Double Delicious and Deceptively Delicious and she is also the wife of the ever so funny Jerry Seinfeld. The website is a god send for people like me ( clueless in the kitchen) The idea behind this site was to help her old friend Ally learn to cook. The site is divided into different sections.
Recipes carries simple and easy recipes, they also come with video demonstrations, isn’t that just perfect?!
The Market is a collection of information and products to help new and seasoned cooks, alike. The kitchen guide helps you to learn how to stock your kitchen, decipher food labels, use fresh herbs and more.
Herbs 101 helps you identifiy each herb and tells you how to add it into different meals.
Know thy chicken teaches you difference between organic, free-range, hormone-free and natural chicken.
Know your food label teaches you how to read the labels that come on food so you can make healthier choices for your meals.
You have to add this website to your bookmark. It is simply amazing.
Annabel Karmel’s recipe books are on my must have list when pregnant. I have most of her books and all I can say is that they are amazing. All her recipes are easy to follow don’t take a lot of time and taste really good.
She has finally introduced a great App that provides everything you need to know about feeding your baby and toddler. The App includes 70 tasty and nutritious recipes for your baby and the whole family. There are some great videos included as well that show Annabel cooking and demonstrating handy cooking tips.
The App is available to purchase on the iPhone App store.
Filed under recipes, Video