Plan Toys creates toys that inspire children’s imagination as well as promote their physical and intellectual development, also proving that it is possible to maintain superior quality standards while steadfastly following a path of environmental and social responsibility.
- Green - As a Green company, we strive to use environmentally safe, responsible and sustainable methods to produce our Green Toys. We are committed to minimizing our impact on the environment.
- Safe - In addition to industry standards, PlanToys® follows their own stringent in-house safety standards to ensure a worry-free playtime for your children.
- Child Development - The educational merits of our toys are recognized by some of the most prestigious awards in our industry such as the Parents’ Choice Award and the Oppenheim Toy Portfolio Award.
A little bit about Plan Toys
Plan Toys is available at Oleana Boutique. For more information please call us on 60606707
Filed under Around Kuwait, Babies, Brands We Love, Green, Kids, New Arrivals, Oleana Boutique, Play, Recycle, Toddlers, Toys
It is Earth Day today and schools around Kuwait are celebrating it in their own little way. It is very important to teach your children about the importance of reducing, reusing and recycling and best way to teach them that is to start at home and school.
Here are a few tips that you and your family can implement for a greener home.
- Turn off lights when you leave the room.
- Unplug unused chargers and appliances.
- Be careful not to leave the water running when you brush your teeth or wash the dishes.
- Use cloth instead of paper to clean your kitchen.
- Recycle, recycle, recycle. Sort out your trash into paper, metals, and glass. Set up four separate waste baskets, and make sure the contents end up in the appropriate recycle bins. You can then have a recycling company come by every week to pick up your trash.
- Reuse scrap paper. Print on two sides, or let your kids color on the back side of used paper.
- Support your local economy and shop at your farmer’s market. TSC have an amazing selection of locally grown fruits & vegetables as well as the yummiest locally produced dairy products.
- Instead of using grocery stores’ disposable plastic or paper bags, bring your own reusable tote bags, which are available for sale at many grocers like TSC and other retailers such as Le Green Sac.
- When you go out for coffee, bring a reusable insulated mug.
- Use a reusable envelope for school notes.
- Use a reusable water bottle & lunch box instead of Ziploc bags.
- A fun outing that you can take your kids to today would have to be the Reuse Exhibition at ACK from 5pm – 9pm. They will be showing the documentary One Day On Earth at 6.30pm at ACK’s auditorium.
Always remember a little change can make a BIG difference.
Check out our previous posts about recycling and being environmentally friendly.
Eco -awareness for kids
Green Sac – Kuwait
Small changes make a BIG difference
I “HEART” Recycling
After seeing these cute recycled party items I’m annoyed that I didn’t plan ahead and make some with my kids. We could have had a little Earth Day party.
Via One Charmin Party
A fun little song to teach your kids about the meaning of reduce, reuse and recycle.
Via Elementary Matters
Teaching kids about the environment and how to recycle is very important. I sometimes find it hard explaining to Nodi about it. I came across these videos from PBS Kids while doing some research on the topic. They created a series of videos to help educate kids about the impact of their daily choices on the planet.
This is how we recycle at home hehehe. I swear Fizzle plays with the most random things, I guess all kids go through the same phase. He prefers to play with carton boxes, empty water bottles, remote controls and mobile phones!
I read A LOT of magazines and I never throw them away. The other day I was doing some cleaning up and I realized that the amount of magazines I have is unbelievable. I went through them all and decided to keep a few, give away some and recycle the rest. A friend of mine told me about a company called Metal & Recycling Company (MRC). You call them up and they deliver to your door 3 boxes, one for paper, one for metal and one for plastic. Once you have filled them up you give them a call and someone will come and collect them. You can also have them come weekly or monthly.
Small changes do make a BIG difference so give them a call and start recycling.
Dhari from we love Kuwait would also like to say something about recycling.
I also started purchasing digital magazines to read on my iPad
For more information call 97289139 or visit their website MRC KW