When I started weaning my baby to solid food I made sure that I gave him a taste of everything. I want him to be able to accept new food and not be a fussy eater like his mommy. Today I decided to introduce something new to his diet and I choose salmon. To my surprise he really liked it.
What was on baby Fizzles dinner plate: Annabel’s Tasty Salmon.
Suitable from: 7months
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
Makes 2 portions and is suitable for freezing
You will need
- 1 large carrot, diced
- 100g salmon fillet
- 2tsp milk
- 3 tomatoes
- Cheddar cheese, grated
Now its time to get cookin
- Steam the carrot for 15 minutes or until tender.
- Put the salmon in a pan of milk and poach over a low heat.
- To skin the tomatoes, cut a cross in the base of each one and put them in a heatproof bowl. Pour over boiling water and leave for 1 minutes. Drain then rinse with cold water and the skin should come away easily. Deseed and roughly chop the tomatoes.
- Melt butter in a saucepan and sauté the tomatoes for 2-3 minutes until mushy. Remove from the heat and stir in the grated cheese until melted.
- Flake the fish and mix this together with the tomatoes and cheese sauce and the diced carrot.
Bon a petit!
Chefs Tip: Sautéing the tomatoes in butter helps your baby’s body to absorb Lycopene, a protective antioxidant.