I woke up this morning craving caramel apples. I haven’t had them in so long! They used to be one of my guilty pleasures and I just realized I never made them for my kids. I think I might give them a little treat today.
This is what you need for some applelicious treats.
2 cups. firmly packed light brown sugar
1/2 cups. milk
1/2 cups. butter
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp vanilla extract
- Wash & dry apples, and remove stems.
- Insert skewers in the stem end of each apple and set aside.
- Combine the milk, butter, sugar and salt in a heavy saucepan; mix well. Bring to boil and boil 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat and add vanilla. Beat with a wire whisk about 10 minutes or until mixture thickens and loses its gloss.
- Dip apples in syrup, covering entire surface; allow excess to drip off. Place apples on lightly buttered waxed paper to cool. Store in cool place.
makes 12 servings.
I will be making mine today, will upload some pics later.
* Note: If you are going to make these with the kids, it would be easier to buy ready made caramel. Combine the caramel with some water and heat it up in the microwave to prevent any accidents in the kitchen 🙂
recipie via epicurean