I’m one to believe that how you feel in the morning reflects on how your day will turn out. I try my best to wake up with high spirits, but in this cold weather, it is a struggle! lol. The best way to start is to have a hearty breakfast, one that will boost your energy and get you all warmed for the day. Porridge is my weapon. Even though Nodi is not to keen on it, I have been trying to get him used to it, and I think it’s working.
- 1 cup oats
- 2 cups of water or you can use milk
- 1 small banana, mashed
- 2 tbsp honey
- In a saucepan, place the oats and the water.
- Bring to the boil and simmer for 2 mins.
- While the porridge is simmering, mash the banana and stir through at the end before serving.
- Lie some banana slices on top and drizzle the honey over.