Beyonce and hubby Jay -Z are proud parents of baby girl Blue Ivy Carter. She delivered on the 7th of January via scheduled caesarean section at Lenox Hill Hospital in New York City last night.
Here is a little explanation about her name:
- Ivy is in reference to the couple’s love of the number four – roman numeral for 4 is IV
- Beyoncé and Jay-Z were married on April 4, 2008
- Jay-Z’s birthday is December 4
- Beyoncé’s birthday is September 4
- Beyoncé and Jay-Z have matching IV tattoos on their wedding fingers
- The singer’s latest album is called 4 which was her fourth solo studio album
- Jay-Z has a trilogy of albums under The Blueprint banner which could have inspired his daughter’s name
- He has released The Blueprint, The Blueprint 2: The Gift & The Curse and The Blueprint 3
Their celebrity friends were so excited that they shared their congrats on twitter, check them out.